I hope we are all enjoying our weather in our various locations. It’s a sunny afternoon in the heart of Lagos, Nigeria.
I would be sharing how to make a Vanilla Cake using the “All in Method“.
I first heard this method from one of my mentors ‘Chef Kola’ and I have been enjoying it since then.
The Cake is so creamy and inviting and the aroma will fill the whole room.
This method requires putting all your ingredients together in a go in a mixer and mix for about 7 mins. If mixing by hand, you mix for like 10 mins.
I gave it a little twist because I like creaming my butter and sugar. So here goes…
- 500g butter/ margarine
- 350g sugar
- 500g Cake Flour
- 500g eggs
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla and supermilk flavour
1. Preheat your oven, prepare your baking tin by creaming with butter and dusting with flour.
2. Cream the butter and Sugar until it is creamy. Sieve your Cake Flour (check this link to make yours) and baking powder.
Break your eggs, add milk, and vanilla and supermilk flavour (both should make one tsp)
3. To your creamed butter mixture, add the egg mixture and flour mixture together.
Cream on low speed for 2 minutes, then high speed for 5 minutes. Your batter is ready.
4. Pour in your baking tin, your batter should not be stiff, it should be flowing.
5. Bake until a skewer comes out clean.
Happy Baking 🙂
Note for Cake flour, check this link to know how to make your own Cake Flour.
Do ask below.